How to Look Taller: Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know — Jumpsuit & Jumper
About the "Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know" Series
STYLE ALERT: Before you invest in a jumpsuit, take our FREE Petite Person Style Quiz to find out if a jumpsuit reflects your petite persona. Beside knowing which signature look (French Classic, Boho Chic, Preppy, Glam Rock or Romantic Feminine) aligns with your personality, you will get inspirations and petite-specific tips customized for styling your signature look.
Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know for Jumpsuit or Jumper
Source of Original Image: MADEIRA Madeline Jumpsuits
9 Jumpsuit Style Tips for Petite and Short Women
1. Keep a clean, tailored silhouette because it doesn’t add unnecessary volume to a small frame. Try a jumpsuit that is single, solid color with a fitted top and bottom (e.g. skinny, cigarette and cropped) like this one.
2. Color blocking with lines hitting your body at the right places can visually balance your proportion. For example, if you have a longer torso, a jumpsuit with white top and black bottom like this one will still work well, even if the white top sits higher than your natural waist.
3. For sleeveless top, make sure armholes is big enough to move your arms comfortably without exposing your bra band.
Want the Madeline Jumpsuits mentioned above? Just select the style you like below and add to cart!
Source of Original Image: DressLily.com
4. Capri or cropped pants usually end at your the bottom of your calves and can cut your legs short visually. So choose ones that are fitted without flaring at the hem. If you are having a tailor to cut it short, and if the new hem sits on your calf, make sure its opening is not too wide. With Capri and cropped, pairing with the right shoes is important (more on that below).
5. Create a longer neckline can visually make you look taller. Try a jumpsuit that has a V-neck or layer strands of necklaces in varying lengths to create a V-neck shape.
6. A wide/flare bottom, unlike the popular belief, CAN actually work on a short or petite frame. If you like flare bottom (wide leg and culottes), balance with a fitted top. And make sure it's not so long that you will trip on it or sweep up all the dirt off the floor. You don't want to look like a street cleaning truck! For culottes, choose one with hems ending right above your calves.
7. Depending on the style/fit, the inseam of your jumpsuit should be close to or a few inches shorter than your body's inseam. Usually pants and jumpsuits are designed for a taller frame, who has a longer inseam with the knees sitting lower than those of a petite or short frame. That is why they do not drape right on a shorter or petite frame even after you have them cut shorter. If you are not sure about your inseam measurements, watch this 10-second video to learn how to measure it and remember this magic number.
8. With sleeved top, line up shoulder seams with your shoulder bones, and not dropping them down the side of your arms.
9. We mentioned these 2 visual shoe tricks in other posts because its an easy magic trick! Expose your toes or pair with shoes close to you skin tone. It can visually lengthen your legs. Not sure where to find nude shoes? NudeVotion.com is a great place to browse them. Invest in a pair that you LOVE!
Stay tuned as we add more tips. To read the entire "How To Look Taller: Shopping Tips Every Petite Women Should Know" series, CLICK HERE. New post will be added as they become available.
Do You Know Your True Style?
Take our Petite Persona Style Quiz to see if you are French Classic, Boho Chic, Preppy, Glam Rock or Romantic Feminine based on your petite persona.
Join our Short Girls Crushing It community to be amongst the first to get our fashion and life style tips like this.
Knowledge is Power!
Do you have a favorite shopping or styling trick for maxi dresses and skirt? Share them with our Short Girls community by leaving a comment below.
Share This Post with Your Petite and Short Friends on Facebook or Twitter!
Posted on 29 July 2017