How to Look Taller: Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know #4 — Skirt
Image: (left to right) ForeverAmber, Mamabee and BombPetite.
About the "Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know" Series
Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know about Skirts
For any body type, the key to a flattering fit is a balanced proportion. But it is especially true to petites because the effect of a poor fit gets amplified on a short frame. With these 6 tips on how to style a skirt on a petite body, no matter your favorite silhouette (A-line, pencil, full) or length (short, midi, maxi), you will be able to wear a skirt like a pro fashion blogger.
Do You Know Your Signature Look?
Before you invest in a new skirt, take our FREE Petite Persona Style Quiz to see if it reflects your personality. You will find your signature look that aligns with your life style, plus tips customized for styling your signature petite look.
Take the quiz right below here!
6 Skirt Style Tips for Petite and Short Women
- Understand YOUR vertical body proportions to adjust to the length of your top or skirt. StyleYourselfConfident.com has a terrific illustration on how the lines of your top half and your bottom half may look depending on where these lines hit. You can modify these lines and achieve a balanced proprotion.
Image: Style Yourself Confident
2. Consider a high waist skirt to visually add more length to the bottom half of your body, which makes you look taller.
3. Tuck your top in to define your waist line. Do not leave your top out if it covers your his, which also covers up your waist and makes you look shorter.
4. For a maxi or midi skirt, pair with nude/skin-tone shoes to visually add extra length to your legs.
5. This one is particularly useful in cold weather — pair with boots and tights in the same color as your skirt to create a continuous line of your legs.
6. Following the same logic as the last point, avoid ankle boots with midi or maxi skirt unless you are wearing tights and boots of the same color as your skirt.
Stay tuned as we add more tips. To read the entire "How To Look Talker: Style Tips Every Petite Women Should Know" series, CLICK HERE. New post will be added as they become available
Do You Know Your True Style?
Take our Find Your Signature Look Quiz to see if you are French Classic, Boho Chic, Preppy, Glam Rock or Romantic Feminine based on your petite persona.
Join our Short Girls Crushing It community to be amongst the first to get our fashion and life style tips like this.
Knowledge is Power!
Do you have a favorite shopping or styling trick for maxi dresses and skirt? Share them with our Short Girls community by leaving a comment below.
Share This Post with Your Petite and Short Friends on Facebook or Twitter!
Posted on 10 September 2017