How to Look Taller: Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know — Ruffled Sleeves
Source of Original Image: Tanja Heffner on Unsplash
About the "Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know" Series
Style Tips Every Petite Woman Should Know about Ruffled Sleeves
Ruffled sleeves are no longer just a trend. It is here to stay. Seasons after seasons, outfits with ruffled sleeves populate your Instagram feeds. Not only does it easily make an interesting focal that draws your attention, the sleeves also give a sense of ease and comfort because they are not restricting.
That said, for petite women who are 5'4" or shorter, it can be tricky to pick one that flatters a small or short frame. It really is about balancing the visual proportions.
Here are 5 tips to help you find your next best-fit ruffled sleeve top, and not looking like a pirate, whether it be small or super puffy ruffled sleeves!
Do You Know Your Signature Look?
Before you invest in a new skirt, take our FREE Petite Persona Style Quiz to see if it reflects your personality. You will find your signature look that aligns with your life style, plus tips customized for styling your signature petite look.
Take the quiz right below here!
5 Ruffled-Sleeve Style Tips for Petite and Short Women
1. Because of the visual widening nature of ruffled sleeves, look for pieces with a cropped top to counter-balance it by making the bottom of your body look longer.
2. Choose a sleeve length that shows forearms to visually lengthen your arm and the whole upper body. A three-quarter length does this trick well for petite and short girls!
3. If you have short arm, look for sleeves that begin with a straight structured shape that ends with ruffles at the hem. The straight portion of the upper sleeve helps to visually create a vertical line for your eyes to follow. This optical elusion makes you arm and upper body less "horizontal", which adds lengths to your arm, and height to those who need the extra inches.
4. Choose a top that's not too puffy where it sits next to the ruffles. In general, avoid a top with puffy details too close to the waist to keep a proportionally defined body.
5. Pair with a skirt or the bottom of your outfit with a continuous vertical line. Pencil skirt or even tiered skirt that doesn't flare out will go well with wide ruffled sleeves.
WANT TO SHOP THE ZEBRA-PRINT RUFFLED SLEEVE DRESS SEEN IN THESE TIPS?
CLICK HERE or Select your size below to shop
Want to read the entire
"How To Look Taller" series?
CLICK HERE to see all the Style Tips Every Petite Women Should Know.
Do You Know Your True Style?
Take our Find Your Signature Look Quiz below to see if you are French Classic, Boho Chic, Preppy, Glam Rock or Romantic Feminine based on your petite persona.
Share This Post with Your Petite and Short Friends on Facebook or Twitter!
Posted on 19 April 2018