5 Fall Shoe Trends and How to Style Them for Work
Whether we accept it or not, Fall is here! It marks the season of change in life and (for a lot of us) and in our wardrobes. We have distilled the 5 hottest shoe trends this fall. And to show you how to style them for work, we drew inspirations from our favorite petite fashion bloggers, whose blogs you should always bookmarked —
Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook, Jean from Extrapetite.com, Catherine from The Souther Gloss, Helena from Brooklyn Blonde, Kelly from Alterations Needed, and Annie from StylishPetite.com.
Here are the 5 trends.
Trend #1 — Chunky Heels
Trend #2 — Mid-Heel Pumps (aka Kitten Heels)
2. Black Suede Mid-Heels
Go black all the way with a twist of lace. You are going to see a lot of lace. I meant, A LOT!
3. Valention-Inspired Studded Mid-Heels
The blogger-sphere ubiquitous Valentino stud pumps hit big last year. This mid-heels version are much easier for the everyday office walking. A casual combo— white jeans and denim button shirt brings out the luxurious impression accented by these shoes. For added class, throw on a trench coat in beige color like Jean from did here.
Trend #3 — Mules
Trend #4 — Oxford Shoes
1. For a classic tomboy look, pair a pair of black oxford with black skinny or boyfriend jeans and a pin-stripe collar shirt.
2. For a more formal dressed up look, thrown on a blazer. A pair of brown Oxford goes well with brown blazer — formal yet low key.
Trend #5 — Booties
Booties have made a come back in recent years, but with more sophisticated options so you can rock them at the office now.
1. If your work place's dress code is quite casual, you may attempt this colorful and cheerful look from Catherine — Throw a long cardigan over a romper.
2. For a more subdued style, pair with a parker or military style trench coat.
3. For more coverage or a less "street" look, pair your booties with a at-knee dress. To add more formality, wear a gingham shirt under the dress like Annie from Stylish Petite. She is 4′ 11.75″ tall.
4. Prefer jeans? Try a pair of open-toe booties. For added professional impression, complement with a blouse and a blazer. A blouse with prints is a good way to ground the whole look so it is both formal, but not too uptight. You can steal this pairing from Annie at Stylish Petite again.
Posted on 14 September 2016